Quality Tooth Extraction in Sevenoaks, Kent
Tooth extraction can be a stressful and anxious experience, but at Lifetime Dental Studio in Sevenoaks, Kent, we strive to make it as comfortable as possible for our patients. Whenever possible, we will try to save your tooth rather than remove it. However, there are certain circumstances where tooth extraction is necessary, such as when a tooth has been damaged beyond repair.
Some of the most common reasons for tooth extractions include:
- Severe tooth decay or infection that makes repair impractical or too costly
- Advanced gum disease that threatens the supporting tissues and bone structure of the mouth
- The need to create space for other teeth to come through by removing a tooth that is blocking their progress
- The removal of wisdom teeth, either before or after they have erupted
- Orthodontic treatment that requires the extraction of teeth to create space for the movement of other teeth into their proper positions.
If you need to have a tooth extracted, our dental team in Sevenoaks will provide you with all the necessary information and support to ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible.
What you should expect?
We numb the area to reduce discomfort. During the extraction, you’ll feel the pressure of the tooth being removed, but you won’t feel any pain. Typically we will remove your tooth within a matter of minutes.
Immediately after the tooth is extracted, a small amount of bleeding is expected, and patch gauze is placed in the affected area. The area may bleed minimally for the next day or so and then taper off. Follow our instructions on how often to change the gauze and what other post-procedure steps to follow.